AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

shop concrete finish
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TxFarmer
Posted 6/1/2009 18:03 (#729427 - in reply to #729312)
Subject: RE: shop concrete finish

Panhandle of Texas

Had mine powered troweled with the Dayton hardener.  Can't remember the model # of the hardener.  I had mine troweled a bit on the 'slick side', and I'm sure glad I did.  Things that get spilt are easy to wipe up---and the only time it even comes close to getting slick is when it's wet.....and when it's wet (which isn't hardly ever) we all know to be x-tra careful.

I kinda' want to paint my shop floor, sometime, and add the little shiny paint flecks in the paint...don't really need to, but I really think it adds a classy look to the floor.  To do it at this point, though, would be pretty tough; as you have to wash it with acid (or something like that) in order to open the pores of the concrete where the paint will bond.  Also, I haven't personally seen a paint that will really last a long time.  Nothing much would look worse than a floor where the paint is letting go and/or peeling up---I would much rather have the plain vanilla floor !! Do any of you know a paint that will really hold up?  On those commercials, I see where a guy takes his "work gloves" off, then parks his riding mower---then acts like a riding mower "tractor" is the ultimate test to the durability of floor paint....  not! Like the big, massives tires of a riding lawn mower tractor are going to be the ~ultimate~ test . . . . . . get real !

Would a stain bond better? Seems like I remember someone telling me that the stain(s) bond better..(?)  I really like the way the paint looks; as the paint gives the floor that real ~clean~ look.

Sorry, not trying to hi-jack this thread.  I'm just wanting good info. from unbiased people.  BTW: My shop floor is 70' x 80' .

Edited by TxFarmer 6/1/2009 18:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)