AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cut some 34 foot lumber on my sawmill today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FJS
Posted 10/12/2021 06:51 (#9264596 - in reply to #9264537)
Subject: RE: Cut some 34 foot lumber on my sawmill today

Tomball,Texas

iseedit - 10/12/2021 06:03

That is Cool ! What are you going to do with the timbers ?  What do you do with the wood you mill ? If you sell, what the going price for lumber you've milled ? We used to have a timber frame barn - I"m pretty sure the timbers were way more then 3/16 out on most all of them. Our timbers were all oak or elm from our area.
TIA !

Keep sharing - those are nice logs and great looking lumber!

These timber’s are going to be treated to 2.50 cca for saltwater submersion and used along the coast,they’ll put about 1/2in the ground and 1/2 out of the ground and build a beach house on them.
There’s a treating company that I wholesale rough lumber and timber’s to when I have time to run the sawmill,they will pretty much take whatever I can cut ,I also get retail orders from heavy equipment haulers for oak lumber trailer boards and hardwood blocks for heavy equipment mechanics.I also cut 1x6x16 corral boards and 4x6 and 6x6 posts and get them treated for fence boards.
The long 12x12’s are really hard to find and a builder tracked me down needing some 28 footers and 26’ 4x14’s and 6x12’s.
I had cut several 28 footers and it was running out a little more,I adjusted the lead on the saw and sharpened the teeth before cutting the 34 foot log.
In the lumber world everything is figured per thousand board feet, this will retail at $1,500 per thousand board feet.On a 12x12 that’s $1.50 per inch,wholesale is around $1.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)