AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For What It's Worth - Looking Forward
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

burtfarms1
Posted 9/29/2021 07:36 (#9243746)
Subject: For What It's Worth - Looking Forward

Yes, there are Great Yields in many areas, Poor Yields in others, and Average in many places. I know this board has alot of Iowa, ND and Minnesota Posters, and we've all heard the horror stories. I was reflecting back to 2012. We disked down 800 acres of 0 yield corn with a flail chopper. I know of some farmers around Springfield that harvested alot of 225+ bushel corn in 2012 and hauled it in at over $ 8.00. Some years, it just "Sucks to be You" kicks in. Down here in Southern Illinois, it sucks more often than not, but this year has given us a reprieve.

Now, that being said, I think everyone had better take a long hard look at what is going on in the fertilizer industry. I'm sorry, but $ 5.00 corn with the prices I'm hearing is a 2023 trainwreck in the making. If we raise a normal, or sub APH crop in 2023 in our area it's going to be painful. Thought about SRW....looking at the cost to raise a good crop of it here with current input prices isn't going to cut it.

This country is screwed up beyond recall. We've turned our entire future over to a bunch of Politicians (crooked ones at that) and Oligarchs that are destroying everything they touch while enriching themselves in the process. None of this is going to end well IMHO.

Enjoy the elation if you're blessed to have a wonderful harvest. Might want to consider the story of Joseph in the Bible. There is a time to prepare for famine....this might be a good time to start.

Be Safe. Best to all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)