AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Master Switch-InSight-Raven On/Off valve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/27/2006 07:06 (#65983 - in reply to #65929)
Subject: RE: Master Switch-InSight-Raven On/Off valve

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I use my Insight and D.C. to run my Raven Accuflow system. I am using the D.C. to Raven Harness cables. This means that the D.C. cable from Ag Leader attaches the Ag Leader components (Insight, AIM, Liquid module, relay etc.) to the original Raven Harness and the cables from that point back are the original cables. My Accuflow is the two valve system (standard control) where there is a single ball valve for control and a separate ball valve for the ON/OFF function. I will assume that your setup is similiar.

You do not indicate what you are using as the switch to the AIM module, this is important for proper setup. With this arrangement you could use the Ag Leader 10 Boom Box, a special one boom harnesss (that I make), the Ag Leader Foot switch or the Remote Master on the Raven Harness. I don't believe it is possible to just use the soft switch on the Insight itself - a physical switch needs to be present.

The Remote Master on the Raven Harness is the place where you place a SPST switch between the Raven Orange and the Raven Orange/White Strip.

If you are using the Switch between the Raven Orange and Raven Orange/White strip as your master or possibly the Ag Leader foot switch you will need to make a change in the setup menu. The default settings assume that you will be using the Ag Leader 10 boom box or equivalent. The settings on this setup screen were created and defaulted to when the Application configuration was first created.

There is a screen in the setup configuration that will allow you to make these changes. You should get to this screen and observe the setup. You should see a grid box with several rows and columns.

The purpose of this grid box is to "define" which switches do what. This screen is very necessary when setting up multiple products with multiple shutoffs. In your case the box on top of the grid will probably be set to watch F1 (Master on Ag Leader Boom Box) as the overall Master. Also you will probably see that F1 is listed for the Boom 1 ON/OFF. This means that the Master switch on the Ag Leader Boom Box would control the Overall ON/OFF situation and also Boom 1. This would correct and fine if you were using the Ag Leader 10 Boom Box or my equivalent 1 Boom Harness.

If you are using the Raven Remote as mentioned above these setup items will need to be changed. The box on top of the grid that indicates the overall master will need to be changed to E2 (I think, I'm doing this from memory). I believe that E2 should also be used as the ON/OFF for Boom 1. The reason being that E2 is hooked to the Raven Orange/White in the Raven harness.

A word of caution, if you attempt to build a simple wiring harness to create your own switch(es), you need to be aware that the input to the AIM module needs to include a scheme called "switch detect". Without going into the details this means that a common switch between two wires to provide an ON/OFF connection will not always behave the way that you might think.

I think the "heart" of your problem boils down to what you are using for the ON/OFF Master switch. I have the various pinouts documented but am doing this from memory at home. I have investigated this a fair amount in regard to building custom switchboxes for our multiple product customer situations.

In these cases, it was desirable to have a custom switch box rather than use the Ag Leader 10 Boom box. The 10 Boom Box would have worked but the custom boxes allow me to place the switches in a logical pattern and only include just the switches needed.

The switch setup screen allows you to do pretty much whatever you can think of. The setup screen does need to match the physical wiring to tell the system what is supposed to do what. The case with NH3 is one of the more simple cases but the setup does need to match the wiring.

Another screen that is very handy for troubleshooting in these types of situations is under SYSTEM on the RUN screen. If you bring up SYSTEM you should see a tab indicating the INPUT diagnostics or something of the like. This screen will show the status of your input switches. The switches are labelled F1-F11 and E1-E5? etc. If the box is Clear - a switch has not been detected at that location. If the box is Black - a switch has been detected but is OFF. If the box is Green - a switch has been detected and is ON. If you look at this screen and flip your switch ON/OFF you should see one of the boxes change from Green to Black. This is the switch name that you should use in the setup menu as indicated above.

If you don't have a switch box in the system, I feel you need one. You will need one of the choices mentoned earlier and setup the configuration accordingly. If you are using the Raven harness, the simplest is probably to place a switch between the Orange and Orange/White and reprogram the setup.

Edited by tedbear 11/27/2006 07:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)