AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader clutch module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/13/2021 10:09 (#9217924 - in reply to #9217796)
Subject: RE: Agleader clutch module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have worked with the Ag Leader Clutch control module a fair amount as I used to work as a Tech and have used one on two planters of my own.

The Ag Leader system feeds a constant "Hot" to each clutch. The other wire goes to the Clutch Module which completes "ground" to that wire when the system desires to STOP a row from planting. Each clutch has a built in coil or relay of its own.

During initial startup and throughout the day, the system checks for the presence of a clutch at the locations that will be used according to the configuration. The way it does this is by checking for 12V on the wire coming back from each branch. If it finds 12V, it notes that a clutch is present on that branch. If it does not find 12V, it assumes that a clutch is not present, is defective or there is a wiring problem. Since a Clutch module can work with 12 sections or branches, the system compares its findings of where any clutches were detected against your configuration.

When the configuration is created you are asked to input the number of sections that will be used. In your case this should be two. Then the system will look for 12V returning from a clutch or a relay in your case. According to your picture it did not find 12V returning on any branch.

Some situations use relays to reverse the logic (yours) and other situations use relays to pass the electrical load on away from the module. The module controls the relay which in turn runs the clutch(es).

In your case you should have a constant 12V going to the coil of the relay and also to the common terminal of the relay output. Ground for the coil will be the section wire going to the module. The relay in your case will need to be the type that has both a Normally Open and a Normally Closed output terminal. You will want to use the Normally Closed terminal to reverse the logic. That means when the system feels that a section should be OFF, it will complete ground to your relay which will cause it to open and no longer send 12V to the seeder section. The danger of this arrangement is that when the display is OFF, it will not complete ground to your relay and the relay will still be ON. To handle this situation I would put a DPST switch in each of the lines coming out of the relays. That switch would be flipped OFF to prevent the clutches from engaging when the system is completely OFF.

You don't need to get a different module (there aren't any) but you do need to wire the relays in a certain way.

Edited by tedbear 9/13/2021 10:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)