AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Solar Farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 8/4/2021 14:52 (#9146240 - in reply to #9145692)
Subject: RE: Solar Farm

East of Broken Bow
I think your idea is a big gamble. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with someone looking for a money making investment, but I still think it is a big gamble, and I'll explain why.

First, if you are looking in an area where a company is looking to build a solar farm, chances are the landowners know all about it, and any land you would buy within the future solar farm will be priced accordingly. Unless in dire straits, I do not see a farmer selling land cheap, if he is expecting to get $1000 an acre rent off of it for the next 20 years.

Second, if you buy land cheap, with hopes a company will build a solar farm in the area, you will have to be VERY lucky, for your plot of land to wind up within their solar farm. Yes, solar farms seem big, maybe a couple thousand acres for some of the big ones, but you are competing against tens of millions of other acres for that project. To guess right would require a lot of luck, or an awful lot of knowledge of where to buy, for the best chances of falling within a solar farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)