AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ivermectin over/mis-dose...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/15/2021 11:06 (#9060070 - in reply to #9060045)
Subject: RE: the first study

Pittsburg, Kansas
India, in one state, used ivermectin for treatment for a while. They stopped handing it out when cases seasonally plummeted.

More recently at the latest outbreak, they started using it again in a more widespread usage. In comparing the states that were using it to the states that were not, the states that were using it had a significantly lower death rate.

Ivermectin, like the vaccine, does not stop infection. What it does, like the vaccine, is to help reduce the viral load by inhibiting viral reproduction. It reduces the number of days to symptoms clearance in sick people. It prevents them from becoming very ill or ill at all if taken preventatively. It has a high effective rate for prevention but not 100%. Taken once a month it was in the 80's percentage wise. Taken every two weeks it was better. Taken weekly clinical observation by doctors that have been administering it saw near 100% effectiveness.

I personally would not feel comfortable taking it weekly for say......10 years. For a long time. I don't feel uncomfortable taking it weekly during seasonal infection spike times. Wife and I have taken it every one to two weeks for longer than I originally anticipated simply because we are traveling all the time through parts of the country we don't know what the infection pressure is and we do not want to be sick while away from home. Were we at home I would have stopped taking it a couple months back. And just took it if we developed symptoms.

Edited by John Burns 6/15/2021 11:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)