AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I want to enjoy spraying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Walton Farms
Posted 6/13/2021 22:19 (#9057857)
Subject: I want to enjoy spraying

SW Indiana
2nd year running an 854 rogator, it's been dependable but is underpowered in our hills, especially when it's somewhat wet. Thinking about a green sprayer next winter, needs are power in hills, power taking a load down the road (rogator short on power at this also), something that will stop when you pull back on the hydro on the road (afraid of hurting someone when the rogator doesn't slow down well or freewheels on big hills) and is comfortable. By comfortable I mean quiet in the cab, good a/c and good suspension. Need at least 800 gallon (prefer 1000) and 90' booms.

Thinking 4720 or 4730, budget somewhere around $75,000 or so. I've never run a Deere sprayer and don't have any Starfire equipment on the farm but am willing to learn it. From what I gather reading on here I need a 3000/6000 receiver, 2630 with SF1 - what else do I need? I would like the boom to auto level in the hills, and auto section controller. I want to be able to load chemicals on the ground, do I need a portable inductor or do the sprayers have them?

This will be a long term piece of equipment for us, spread out about 25 miles, also want pre-emission. By pre-emission I mean no DPF/Urea and prefer no EGR. If I need to spend $100k to get all this I would consider it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)