AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I want to enjoy spraying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 6/14/2021 22:32 (#9059439 - in reply to #9057857)
Subject: RE: I want to enjoy spraying

C IL

We went through this process 3 years ago and got a red one.

I think everyone has a bias towards what they use and where they can get service.  We had a white elephant SP sprayer before with a good Deere dealer close, medium IH dealer close, excellent IH sprayer dealer 45 minutes away, and Rogator service was a couple hours away.

I wanted powerful, and no one contests that a red 4xxx sprayer is mucho powerful and stable.

I wanted quiet, and I don’t know who has the quietest cab, but putting the engine 10 ft away from the cab seemed like a great idea to start to me.

I wanted a pretty effective suspension, and I thought it was decent for not having air ride cab etc.  

The cab being in front of the tires isn’t the best geometry for bumps and fast turns.  However, there aren’t a lot of bumps that aren’t gullies.  And being yanked around in the cab by autosteer is more of a when to engage problem than an inherent issue, but you should ride around in one before deciding if you think it’s comfortable. 

The difference between tank sizes doesn’t seem like much but like anything else bigger seems to be handier.

We are running 3rd party Trimble GPS.

Good luck and let us know what you choose and if you like it. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)