AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The fuse is about lit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

westernks
Posted 6/4/2021 21:24 (#9042271 - in reply to #9042231)
Subject: RE: Lol!

Funny thing is listening to the radio a couple days ago the market guru’s were saying you better get a good portion of your crop sold and not get complacent. Today same guys saying probably shouldn’t sell yet as crop prospects are such we are just getting started on this rally. I love how things change so quick depending which days it is. Bad drought in the Northern USA is no joke but a lot of guys in the traditional cornbelt complaining about drought were saying the last several years that their corn was going to cook later because it was too wet to root down, too wet at planting time, all nitrogen had leached away, seems to me this was a perfect start for those guys for what I heard the past few years. Would much rather have dry weather now when corn is taking .10” a day than when it is July 4th and taking .50” a day. In a week things could change and most of the corn growing areas and could be looking great. Forecasts are just that and they are right until they are not. I am selling portions of my crop as the year progresses and hope my early sales are the cheapest, I can afford to sell making a profit, if I get greedy I may be selling at a loss - who saw COVID coming 18 months ago? I feel for the guys who don’t raise a crop this year, been there and it sucks working hard to just have a crop fail for nothing you did. Hang in there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)