AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Residue Discussion Yesterday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 12/16/2009 23:35 (#970911 - in reply to #970852)
Subject: RE: Corn Residue Discussion Yesterday

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Mr Factory Farmer, you made my evening!

The residue photo from June 2007 is just south of you along I-39 in very much Drummer soils.

The photos at an angle are a bit farther south west of you towards Peoria also on very black heavy soils. Looks like Drummer to me but I am not sure and not a soils expert.

Yes I know the folks near you with a 16 row on a recycled JD 1780 planter bar. They seem to be getting along ok after a couple years. There is also an interesting smaller operation with a 6 row right near you. 16 row in Mendota area also got off to a good start this year.

Good luck with your experimental system! I am very glad to hear you have an open mind as well as a good plow.

As long as this is the NAT confessional, I have to admit I own and have occasionally used an older IH roll-over plow formerly owned by the U of ILL experiment station south of DeKalb! A beautiful piece of functional equipment.

Everyone needs a plow! A couple years ago I had this notion I was going to plow this couple acre field of mine over a weekend....long story.

All the best,  

Jim at Dawn 

Edited by Jim 12/16/2009 23:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)