AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to get this water to go in a tile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 5/3/2021 20:07 (#8985700 - in reply to #8984752)
Subject: RE: How to get this water to go in a tile

C IL

You need a drop inlet to the tile.

Probably a 42” pipe vertical going down to the tile, then a 24” going horizontal to the tile.  Then you need some sort of a berm or, in your case, also a plunge pool to put head pressure onto the top orifice. Maybe 24” deep.

The reason the vertical pipe needs to be bigger is that there is less head pressure to get water down through it and more head pressure  on the lower orifice.

You need an anti-vortex baffle.  You maybe need a screen or guard but something large, like 8x8 rebar pyramid.

DO NOT put a mesh grate or a pig wire mesh on it.  I put a drop inlet in and the local road commissioner good naturedly but ignorantly made a flat mesh grate for the top before talking to me and then complained to me that it plugged.  Well, yeah, you don’t do that.  You don’t want a small mesh, you need a large grate to keep out logs and sticks and big chunks of material.  Little chunks will flow through.  Waste of a couple k of time and materials. 

(3E7E3A24-B3AE-4CDB-BD5B-65EA46E7310A (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 3E7E3A24-B3AE-4CDB-BD5B-65EA46E7310A (full).jpeg (32KB - 41 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)