AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CFAP payments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 4/11/2021 00:10 (#8944866 - in reply to #8944510)
Subject: RE: CFAP payments

Nw Iowa
Well it will probably be struck down by Supreme Court that we have all agreed have last say. But now dems are talking about stacking Supreme Court so that decisions will go to existing very, very thin majority in power. Changing rules like filibusters and changing size of court so that radical legislation goes thru.Our founders wanted a set of checks and balances and it has worked with changes coming more slowly than just who was in power for 2 or 4 years. It has always kept left or right from getting to far from center. Executive Actions were never meant to be used as they have either, by Republican or Democrats.
I think a lot of more centered left and conservative democrats are secretly very scared what a more radical wing of party is trying to do. Basically throw out a lot of ideas that have served country pretty well over last 200 years.
I think poster talking about FmHA loans gave a very good example. Helping someone to succeed rather than giving someone something to fail is idea behind program. I also agree trying to fix racism with racism will just deepen the divide. Where does it start and stop? How do you punish one race as a whole? You are right there are not many blacks in Rural Mn, Iowa because a lot of this was just prairie during civil war. Our family has roots to the area for about 150 years but we were in Europe before that. So civil war was fought without us being on any side. Mn became a state just a few years before civil war if I remember my history. Iowa about 15 years prior. I don’t know if my ancestors were slave owners or slaves in Europe. At this point what does it matter. As far as less black farmers, I agree, but also agree there are a lot less farmers period. To argue that one is very short thinking.
I do not agree with this cfap3 at all and it was originated under Trump. Farmers don’t need it now. But I will take it and use it to do some tax planning on how to help save family farm from crazy estate taxes or pay the staggering taxes that are coming with all this supposed free money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)