AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CFAP payments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 4/10/2021 14:27 (#8943993 - in reply to #8943956)
Subject: RE: CFAP payments

Southeast Colorado
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your premise of it all being the same. I for one do not doubt that minorities are almost non existent in farming. I think most on here would agree with that. Also I would believe that most don't have a problem with more people of these races becoming farmers. However, everyone should have a problem with a racist give away plan with no component of production tied to the free money. At the heart of this is the desire to divide us all.

If the program was structured similar to the beginning farmer program (which I went through) then I doubt you'd hear any griping. I bought my first farm on that program. We had reduced interest.............but still paid 5% (vs the normal 7 to 8 that was common during that time frame) for the first 10 years of the loan. Also we were required to go to borrower training through the community college for a couple of years. That all makes sense to me. Does it not make sense to you?? I was given a hand up, not a hand out.........and appreciated it very much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)