AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Losartan? When to get off of it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/15/2020 08:11 (#8496634 - in reply to #8494881)
Subject: BP after exercise

Pittsburg, Kansas

Decided to do an experiment this morning. I always check my blood pressure at rest when it would be at its lowest. Decided to see what it is after some exercise.

Did 20 minutes of modest aerobic on an eliptical machine, about 15 slow squats and 32 slow push-ups to muscle failure. I was breathing and sweating a little in about 30 minutes total. Was probably about 5 minutes before thinking about checking my blood pressure. Checked it twice in a row and it came out 157/88 h.r. 95 and a minute later 152/85 h.r. 89. I normally would expect a resting BP of around 125/75 h.r. 60.

I did this just to show a person can have a higher BP reading if they are not totally relaxed and quiet. That is quite normal.

My BP is not as low as I would like to see it, but keep in mind I have been diabetic for 25-30 years (probably before un-diagnosed - life insurance physical caught it) and on insulin therapy around half that time. There is no doubt in my mind all those years of glycation of my arteries from the glucose spikes have stiffened them. The elasticity loss raises the resistance of the blood flow. That is going to take a few years to reverse (as old cells die and recycle and new cells are replaced), if it ever does.

So I guess from my perspective, considering my medical history, the blood pressure I have now is pretty darn good after being on diabetic and BP medications for years and now taking no medications.

John

Edited by John Burns 9/15/2020 08:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)