AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems ugrading QuickBooks Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 12/27/2006 09:11 (#79185 - in reply to #79119)
Subject: I think we use it differently

I think the main difference is that you and I don't want the same thing from the program. When you said you sent your file to your auditor I assumed it was similar to us sending ours to our accountant. In our case it was always a hinderance because our accountant would go through and make some changes etc dealing with depreciation, patronage, labor, stockholder loans, etc if I didn't have it handled correctly. During this time we could not continue to use the file at home to write checks and pay bills. The accountants copy feature lets us send her a copy and then keep on working and using ours at home so we don't have to wait on our accountant to get done and send it back. I am not that familiar with other versions of QB or Quicken so I didn't know which one's had it, we went from QB 2000 to 2006 so we jumped quite a few steps there.

The portable file feature simply makes a copy that is smaller in size. With the new jump drives size is not a problem, with some of the older one's it was.

Take Care,
Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)