AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH RTK+ vs Digifarm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

brickteeth
Posted 3/22/2019 00:52 (#7394535 - in reply to #7366481)
Subject: RE: Case IH RTK+ vs Digifarm

So for your first answer with why DigiFarm is better than RKT+ it is a very valid point, it may not work with paradyme or Deere (out of the gate as you said "early days") but all you are talking about is compatibility with which if you take statistics of how many systems are out there for geosteer/paradyme, Trimble, Case IH, Deere, Outback and etc. what are they going to cover first and what are you going to see the most of? Trimble, Case and Deere all day that is a non-negotiable and that is where the most money is going to be made and so that is what they are going to tackel first. But that is just communicating with systems/brands. I am getting at on how the rover is communicating with the caster/receiver at the base, both companies are running the same caster from the same company (GEO++) so the only difference you see is the brand of GNSS base stations that are setup by each company. Case IH is using Novatel FlexPak's and correct me if I am wrong but Digi is using CHCNAV base stations and a mix of whatever they can pickup. To be quite honest I know both receivers are very accurate and if you did a plot test over a period of time you may see a small difference but not enough to see a difference in a tractor (CHC receivers run Trimble boards in them anyway). The biggest difference you are going to see is in connectivity, how good the modem/internet connection is at the base station.

I will argue all day that documents are important. Have you ever read "white papers" on any solution, product or idea that has been released? That is where so much testing and results go into. Yes I am arguing that all day! Yes, obviously a farmers opinion matters and really what it comes down to is if a dealer uses the best products they can with their best ISP that is proven as well as the customer using the best products they can (especially intuicom modems) your biggest issue is going to be terrain and interference which humans can't really do anything about.

I am all ears on what you have to say. I have referenced everything above.

I did screw up on this one I meant to say is why is RTK so much better than CenterPoint RTX. You may not have said it but it was referenced in how RTX is not RTK, its not they are different systems but from my experience with it I saw just as good results with RTX standard and fast with multiple customers year over year compared to people running on a RTK 900 radio or RTK cellular network.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)