AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH RTK+ vs Digifarm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 1/31/2019 22:51 (#7289219 - in reply to #7288868)
Subject: RE: Case IH RTK+ vs Digifarm

East Central, Nebraska
i try to contribute to this site all that I can, I agree and disagree about some decisions others have made. everyone knows I side with digifarm a lot because that is what has treated me great in previous years on my own farm.

all I can ask is that anyone that wants rtk, to please realize that rtx is not rtk. there are so many more benefits of having a reference base on the ground and having true repeatability and sub inch accuracy is far more useful then the convenience of rtx. I realize the prices have came down but it is still not rtk.

I could happily argue the benefits of digifarm over a competitor but more importantly I just want people to realize there is a difference between a satellite correction source over a true rtk guidance source.

with that said. rtk+ bases are sent to cnh dealers to put on their roofs regardless of dealer locations. digifarm bases are put in with coordination between digifarm and the host of where a base is needed to make a true rtk network solution. digifarm has specialized mount points for your situation or any other, including deere. rtk+ has a couple that are intended for trimble users and if in the case you have an off brand may or may not work.

if your are located in a close enough proximity to an rtk+ base you will likely be okay, with that said even though I have requested more information from my local caseih dealer I have only been told that it will work fine. I have never asked for exact spots of bases and would not expect them to give them to me. its only from a little knowledge of this technology that I know that being 80 miles to the next caseih dealer, I can only assume that all my farms may not have the same end result of success as another. that is why I chose the company I am with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)