AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH RTK+ vs Digifarm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

raider2b
Posted 2/1/2019 07:21 (#7289525 - in reply to #7288839)
Subject: RE: Case IH RTK+ vs Digifarm

North Dakota
CNH is also running programs for the first year of use. We have both CNH and Digi-Farm bases. From my view the CNH RTK+ system is a more mature system from a technical standpoint. Digi-farm has better coverage. RTK+ seems to be a good choice for owners of CNH or Trimble receivers. When we installed both systems there was coordination from both administrators for the systems and required us to have our placement approved by their managers. I would say that I would go with whichever system has the better local support.

The current modem for both is a Sierra Wireless GX450 Wi-Fi Modem. It is a 4G modem that can be bought for use with GSM or CDMA providers. The cost of a 450 modem through Case is about $1000 with an external Cell antenna. You can get a modem from an online source and have Trimble push their configuration to the modem.

I will say that if you are only going to use RTK on one or two units you might want to consider RTX centerpoint, although it isn't as accurate, less than 1.5 inches compared to RTK at sub inch or Digi-farm and RTK+ at about 1.2 inches. The initial cost is less. Only 1 unlock if you are willing to use slow startup, usually about 10 minutes, and costs about $1100 per year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)