AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH RTK+ vs Digifarm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

brickteeth
Posted 3/6/2019 09:42 (#7362548 - in reply to #7289219)
Subject: RE: Case IH RTK+ vs Digifarm

caseihfarmer - 1/31/2019 22:51

all I can ask is that anyone that wants rtk, to please realize that rtx is not rtk. there are so many more benefits of having a reference base on the ground and having true repeatability and sub inch accuracy is far more useful then the convenience of rtx. I realize the prices have came down but it is still not rtk.

I could happily argue the benefits of digifarm over a competitor but more importantly I just want people to realize there is a difference between a satellite correction source over a true rtk guidance source.

with that said. rtk+ bases are sent to cnh dealers to put on their roofs regardless of dealer locations. digifarm bases are put in with coordination between digifarm and the host of where a base is needed to make a true rtk network solution. digifarm has specialized mount points for your situation or any other, including deere. rtk+ has a couple that are intended for trimble users and if in the case you have an off brand may or may not work.

I would like to hear your argument on the benefits of digifarm over RTK+ and why it is a better solution?

Where does your source of knowledge come from do you have life experience or documents to back these arguments up instead of just going off of feelings, what other famers tell you and obviously.

Do you have an understanding of what GPS receiver is being used for the base stations or software?

Explain why CenterPoint RTX is sooooo much better than RTK in terms of accuracy? In areas that RTX Fast is available in my experience I have seen sub inch accuracy with RTX and I can even give 5 direct sources from Trimble seeing the same thing but can't advertise it because of the spacing of reference stations and .75" spacing on either side of the tractor in other areas outside of fast convergence.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)