AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking @ new accounting/management software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 4/9/2009 09:50 (#674518 - in reply to #674248)
Subject: Re: Looking @ new accounting/management software

Grand Rapids, MI
The cost allocation piece of the puzzle that you describe is exactly the strength of Farmworks over the other programs that just do accounting or just do GIS. I would say IMHO that these functions are easy to use in Farmworks, but of course I am used to setting up even more complex systems. If you are expecting to push a couple buttons and download your banking information, push a couple more and load in your GPS based information from your field devices and have all your costs allocated, you will be disappointed. To truly do field level cost allocation, it will take some learning time, some setup time, and time to maintain it. You should realize that it will take a significant amount of time particularly at first. Again in my opinion, it is well worth it for what it does for the understanding of your farm. I also don't know of an easier way to do this than with the Farmworks software.

If you take the time to get it setup properly, you will be lightyears ahead of where you could be with Quicken and APEX. On the accounting side you are going from a computerized checkbook register to an accounting system, and making an analogous jump on the GIS side.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)