AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford Edge or Escape
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/13/2018 06:17 (#6500960 - in reply to #6500489)
Subject: RE: Ford Edge or Escape

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I had a Ford Edge and liked it. I got the urge to trade and was looking at an Escape. The salesmen knew that I had an Edge said, get in and out of the Escape and see how you like it. I'm old and not very flexible anymore. After getting in and out of the Escape I understood what he was getting at since it was much more difficult for me to get in/out. I traded for another Edge.

Really the only problem I had with either (not a lot of miles though) was that I had to replace the front struts on the first Edge. Since it was quite new at the time, I asked about warranty. It had just run out. So I took it to a local shop (not a Ford dealer). The owner who is a personal friend asked me if I drove it on gravel. My reply was I thought I could. He laughed and said I guess you're not really supposed to with the way the front struts were made. He could not get new struts from a third party vendor and had to get them through Ford. I was surprised at the price since I expected them to be much more. When he showed them to me, I couldn't believe what little there is to them.

With that being said, I kept the first Edge for a while and traded it towards a then new 2015 Edge. It has the 2.0 L 4 cylinder engine with Turbo. It has good power and I've been happy with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)