AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to connect a Agleader RTK reciever to a Trimble FMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dogface1SG
Posted 4/30/2017 05:21 (#5990857 - in reply to #5990483)
Subject: RE: How to connect a Agleader RTK reciever to a Trimble FMX

NW Ohio
What GPSDude said. Now that I have the big picture and understand what you are trying to do. Just set it up as a base in the far away fields.

You should research some of the terms you are not familiar with. The big difference you have here is correction (RTCM, standard format of correction, most GPS systems can use it) which the base sends to the rover to get the RTK accuracy and data stream (NMEA what the GPS receiver puts out) either corrected or not. Basically your FMX needs the corrections to run RTK. It can accept RTCM or CMR (CMR/CMR+ or CMRX depending on what version it is). I think your 6500 can act as a base or a rover depending on how it is setup. If setup as a base, it sends corrections. If setup as a rover, it can receive corrections and put our RTK corrected NMEA strings.

A FMX that isn't unlocked for RTK can port in RTK corrected NMEA strings utilizing them for anything other than steering. If you are trying to steer the tractor, the GPS receiver must have TSIP (Trimble Standard Interface Protocol) I don't think there is another manufacturer that has that in their system.

If you are steering with the FMX and using the internal primary globe, receiving RTCM from your 6500, you will have TSIP. The internal has this ability of TSIP regardless of the correction source (RTCM vs CMR).

hope this helps clear it up
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)