AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trouble Getting New Iron??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 7/31/2008 01:24 (#425369 - in reply to #425321)
Subject: You have no idea.

Alberta, Canada
Trouble getting new iron? You have no idea.

Had a new(6-figure price) machine on order, to arrive prior to June 15th. Kept getting the run-around about delivery, salesman kept saying it was at the other location, needed to be set up........ was set up, would be coming up on the next truck...... truck waiting to bring up a new tractor at the same time..... July 2nd he told me to meet the trucker at one of my fields, he'd be there between 7:00-7:30pm.

Trucker never showed up, couldn't get a hold of the salesman. I called the owner of the dealer ---- said he had no idea what I was talking about.
7am the next morning the salesman called me. Told me the whole thing was a lie, a fabrication, a figment of his imagination. He was promptly removed from the picture, and the owners of the dealer promised me they'd take care of it, and that I'd be getting the one they had coming in on August 8th.

Now the owners are giving me the run around. Finally got a revised quote, and, for the exact same spec machine they have coming in August, they want an additional $16,000 over our original agreement, with delivery scheduled for August 18th.

In addition, we've had nothing but trouble using the merger we purchased in June, have only been able to use it on approximately 250 acres total!
(We've had to use our rake instead)
On top of that, we still haven't received the lights, fenders, and other options for a new tractor we took delivery of in June.

So yes, I'm having trouble getting new iron this year!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)