AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incentive for Market Manipulation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

usedtodairyfarm
Posted 11/3/2014 21:43 (#4159330 - in reply to #4159168)
Subject: RE: Why would ins cos do anything other than

I read Ben's post on the thread he referred. The problem I see is the policies that make money referenced HAVE not for the last few years. Corn Belt in 2012 and then Iowa and MN last year and MN again this year. Also since trend yields have come into the game my agent said they also reduced premiums and made the corn belt less attractive to right business in whatever that means.

Also I do not know if the govt is the ones that is pushing marginal acres in production. From my pheasant hunting friends in South Dakota there is another side to that story than just the FEDs.

- So the crop insurance companies have the right to push policies back to the RMA, but primarily what gets pushed back are the "losers". Policies where all the rules were followed (planting date, proper management) but they have too high of claims (that's our govt, keeping marginal acres in production while the FSA and NRCS tries to get this stuff in CRP, buffer strips, etc). Policies that make money rarely get pushed back to RMA.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)