AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

is it insulting for a long term employee of fifteen years to give opinions in a business
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 8/15/2014 08:34 (#4019483 - in reply to #4019417)
Subject: RE: is it insulting for a long term employee of fifteen years to give opinions in a business

Saronville NE
The problem with asking this on NAT is their is so many farmers that have never had to work for somebody else they don't truly understand, and that's why they make horrible employers. I agree with Pokey on avg most farmers show disdain to employees. I have read enuff of these type of posts on here in last 7 yrs to know that their is a lot of people on here, you couldn't pay me enuff to work for, just from their attitude towards employees, how they treat them etc. And they want to know why they have a turnover rate of help.

I have never had a FT guy but have HS or college kids help in summers and most are here for 2-3 summers before moving on. Ive got the best one Ive ever had presently, I listen to his ideas on a regular basis, if I want to do something different we will. I don't have time to babysit, so m guys get quick run down the first couple weeks and pretty much get turned loose, they are on their own with no supervision 75% of the time. That lets them decide how they want to do it, if I don't like the way they do it, we will talk, has ever only happened with 1 of them. I rarely have a specific way anything has to be done as long as its done, done right and in a timely manner, theirs thousands of ways to skin a cat, my way isn't always the best, most don't realize that.

But I worked for 4 different guys from the age of 12-29, they all had a very different style, from being anal about things to just get er done don't matter. The one I worked for the longest, was the most fair, easy going guy, best guy /I ever worked for, he would listen to ideas, let you try your ideas vs his, let me pick my hours, was always fair. I try to treat my guys the same way, the way I would want to be treated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)