AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

is it insulting for a long term employee of fifteen years to give opinions in a business
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 8/15/2014 08:06 (#4019441 - in reply to #4019396)
Subject: RE: is it insulting for a long term employee of fifteen years to give opinions in a business

Old Pokey - 8/15/2014 07:42

In general, but with a few exceptions, farmers hold a high level of disdain for employees.

I think in general, farmers appreciate their good and great employees and complain about the employees who are less than good. It's just that you don't hear about the good/great ones because people in general talk about what bothers them most, not what they appreciate the most.

Talking about what bothers you the most rather than what you appreciate the most is a bad trait, but it's a human one, not a farmer trait or an Internet farmer trait.

I am still early on in the journey of being an employer. Most of the faults I find with my employees are directly related to faults of my own. But sometimes things happen that are truly out of the realm of what you would expect, and that's when you see complaints about employees on NAT.

Personally, I try not to put that kind of stuff on NAT because I feel those types of things are better handled privately out of respect for the individuals involved, but I can see why some do post such things as well.

I believe you have the perspective of an excellent employee and therefore have developed and earned the relationship status with your employer that is a very stark contrast to some of the relationships that are portrayed on here. Therefore, when you see an employee complain about his conditions, or you see an employer complain about his employee, you wonder how that relationship could be so bad and tend to fall on the side of the employee.

Your employer may be a better employer than some of us are, but it is a lot easier to be a good employer if you are blessed with an exceptional employee like you have me convinced you are. For my part, I have a very difficult time judging whether any employee story on NAT or elsewhere is fairly presented because I almost always hear only one side of the story.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)