AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

family farms where only a couple members farm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Montgomeryj1
Posted 5/1/2014 08:07 (#3847745 - in reply to #3847709)
Subject: RE: family farms where only a couple members farm?

North West Ohio
kscropguy - 5/1/2014 08:56

If I am reading your post correctly you or your dad now own the land of dispute. It is reprehensible that family uses children to strong arm other family. If it was my kid that did that I would write a little surprise into my estate plan that would not make my children happy(might skip a generation or even make college fund for grand kids by selling land at a preferential price to operator.) I know that's vindictive but by doing what they did it is obvious they didn't respect dad very much anyway.

As far as the past is concerned for you just leave it there. Don't drag it with you like a backpack. Learn from it? Yes! Was it a bad deal? Yes! Are you doomed to repeat it? That's up to you and your father. Don't stand for the trend to continue. Pay the land off and don't say another word about it. Be the bigger person and keep the door open to your family. To me nothing is more sad than a family that breaks apart then after bad things happen there is no chance for reconciliation.

Unfortunately, the door to that family was shut tight when they served the notice of auction papers 1 week after grandpa passed away. After we declined to buyout at $4,000/acre above land value from appraisal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)