AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere and Data Ownership
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/14/2013 05:27 (#3443600 - in reply to #3442372)
Subject: RE: Deere and Data Ownership

Chebanse, IL.....

Jari

My personal thought has been that even if that data sharing possibility exists & you know it, then why participate at all? If you (not specifically you, but anyone) doesn't trust the host site, whether JD or GM or your local bank (again, they report to the IRS in the USA anyway), why would you trust them if it were in print stating otherwise? Just like SoloCups bottles that now state, "always drink in moderation....", yeah, right, you know they only want you to drink a "little"...sure. Corporate lawyers are always going to be better than your or my lawyer, so why even get involved or participate. Just because it says on Page 3, Line 27 that they won't share certain information doesn't mean you should trust the provider. It's best to just stay away from this 20th Century technology if you're concerned about your information coming back to bite you. Again, many of the Amish folks get along fine without wireless data transfer strapped on their horses' rumps. Though as I have observed, they have hugely compromised themselves with their use of cell phones. What could be any more traceable than those?

You have to ask yourself, "now that I've handed my information (print or electronic) to someone else, will it ever again exchange hands"?   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)