AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3000 crawlers got a new home
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 3/30/2013 07:59 (#3001432 - in reply to #3001153)
Subject: RE: 3000 crawlers got a new home

South Central Kansas, Harper County
Mark (EC,IN) - 3/29/2013 23:27

jeff gordon - 3/29/2013 22:25

My soil prof in university mentioned how farmers that use AA are killing off the worms and are loosing more than the savings they get from buying the cheaper N. Sorta made sense back them but never heard anything else since.

I think that is an old wives tale. I used nh3 for years, and I use 28% now, and can see no difference in worm population.

I switched because I live to close to Dayton Oh. and we had to lock any tanks up at night or the druggies would pay a visit.

Had one neighbor left the tractor , toolbar, and wagon set along a road and went to lunch at noon. was gone about 45 minutes.................when he came back the hose between the wagon and bar was gone. Guess you can "cook a batch" with what is trapped in the hose.

I beg to differ, if you could actually count the population, it would be lower where the NH3 entered the soil and killed the worms in those areas. Unless you have worms wearing "armorall" or something similar?(lol) Maybe an insignificant number of worm loss, but loss indeed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)