AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does God help people financially?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tommy
Posted 11/26/2012 09:50 (#2717866 - in reply to #2716723)
Subject: RE: The farmer and the preacher

Iowa
The preacher drives up the lane of the most magnificent farm in the neighborhood and finds the farmer directing all of the hired men. He waits his turn and says, "I notice you don't come to church much. Look around you--look at all the fat livestock, the beautiful tree-lined lane with white fences, the fabulous setup you have here. I would think, with all the Lord has given you, that you would be a regular in church".

The farmer smiles, kicks a clod or two, and slowly says, "you should have seen this place when the Lord had it all to himself".

I am not against religion, I attend services regularly myself, and say a few prayers every day. But what I am saying is that when the going gets tough, I'm going to say a prayer, but I'm not going to stop at that. I'm going to use the head the Lord gave me to try to figure a way out, not just sit and pray. I do not believe that the Lord rewards his followers with material wealth in a direct way--not at all. I do believe our intelligence and work ethic is a gift from God that we can use as we see fit (and that we may use it best if we have a religious side to us). I also believe that when we get too big for our britches He has a way of humbling us.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)