AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does God help people financially?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BenP
Posted 11/25/2012 19:52 (#2716759 - in reply to #2716723)
Subject: Re: Does God help people financially?

Central Nebraska
I guess I view everything I have as a blessing from God. I do the best I can and let Him worry about the rest. I was blessed to raise good crops this year and blessed to sell them at a good price. I'm blessed to have nice, but not brand new, equipment, and blessed to have a pickup that does all I ask and gets me from A to B. I'm blessed to be able to buy the land I was raised on.

I think that makes my point clear. It may not be how everyone feels, but it works for me. Nothing that I do, but what God does.

Matthew 7:11 - If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Ecclesiastes 5:18-20 - Behold, what I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot. Everyone also to whom God has given wealth and possessions and power to enjoy them, and to accept his lot and rejoice in his toil - this is the gift of God. For he will not much remember the days of his life because God keeps him occupied with joy in his heart.

God makes all of His believers wealthy, it just depends on how you gauge your wealth - according to God's word, or according to the world. I think you should spend some time in Ecclesiastes with your Sunday School class. It really helps me to slow down in this rat race and take stock of where I really am. Our reward is not of this earth - it's in heaven.

That's not to say we can't enjoy the fruits of our labor, I just believe that we need to remember that everything we have is a blessing from God. I think it's important that we don't make our possessions our gods, and thank the good Lord for what He gives us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)