AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do I politely tell a friend to not borrow my stuff............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 10/26/2012 20:18 (#2662629 - in reply to #2662574)
Subject: Re: How do I politely tell a friend to not borrow my stuff............

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
BTDT, I had relatives like that, and while they were pretty good guys, they were not so good that they would feel any remorse or shame when abusing me or my stuff. The longer I allowed this to go on, the less it seemed to bother them to use me and my stuff. You can be your own enemy by allowing this stuff to go on too long. Once I cut them off, I was no longer as usefull to them, Plus In their eyes I was really mean for no longer enabling their bad behavior. Amazing that after a few months of not getting any more freebys from me than they got from anyone else, they treated my just like everyone else.
I know it's hard to do, but people will treat you exactly the way you ALLOW them to treat you. You have rights too, draw the line where you will no longer allow others to abuse those rights.
You told him to always put your generator inside out of the weather, he chose to ignore that request. Maybe he needs to buy his own generator and pay to repair the damage when he leaves it out in the weather ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)