AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fatal truck/bicycle accident
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

billw
Posted 9/29/2012 00:23 (#2614032 - in reply to #2611668)
Subject: RE: Fatal truck/bicycle accident

E. Kansas
I'm very sorry to read about this accident. My thoughts and prayers for all the family and friends of the bicycle rider and the driver of the pickup.

Being an avid bicycle rider myself, these type of vehicle/bike accidents are of great concern to me. Being alert to the road ahead of you, no matter what you're driving/riding, is obviously a constant job. That being said, there is also the responsibility of a bicycle rider to take adequate precautions to being seen.

Not trying to sound smart, but whether or not you are aggravated with bicycles on the roads, they are allowed there by law unless otherwise posted (such as Interstate highways). If you are not willing to properly share the road with a bicycle, then you seriously need to consider giving up driving.

I looked up an article about the accident

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2012/09/27/truck-kills-sycamore-bicy...

and then looked up the sunrise time for that location, which for 9/28, one day later than the accident, is shown on weatherundergound.com as being 6:49 a.m.

Please folks, whether you are driving a car, truck, tractor, etc, or riding a bicycle, be careful and follow the rules of the road.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)