AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Capital intensive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cousinit
Posted 4/20/2012 20:50 (#2346072 - in reply to #2345622)
Subject: Re: Capital intensive

Kaukauna WI
All I can say is, every dairy farmer is a welfare whore as of Feb, 2012 and will remain one until the end of the 2008 Farm Bill when it sunsets in September. It was only two years ago that we were welfare whores for more than a year. I guess this is ok with all of you.

The Kiwis are killing us with overproduction. Every year they are taking land out of sheep production and turning it into dairy. Their cooperative is more organized and damaging than we ever thought possible. We here in the United States compensate for low milk price with overproduction. We are up 5.2% year over year quarter ending March 31. That's a lot of milk to find a home for. In fact in California already that overproduction can't find a home and Cali farmers are being penalized because their plants can't handle it all.

I think many of you dairy farmers on NAT are too young to understand what can happen to an industry in a short period of time. No matter how many cows we send to slaughter, we still have way too many cows. I am not against technology, but sexed semen is killing us.....

enough rambling

Edited by cousinit 4/20/2012 20:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)