AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Capital intensive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

fairview_ac
Posted 4/19/2012 22:19 (#2344711 - in reply to #2344644)
Subject: RE: How about a lesson in what capital is?

MI
cousinit, I don't know what everyone has against you but my world of advice would be to think about how you word your posts because sometimes text is taken the wrong way. Again I have nothing against you.

As far as to answer your question, hog production is just as expense as dairy IMO, If you were to set up a a farrow to finish unit complete it would cost about 5,000-$6000 a sow (sows, farrowing, weaner space, grow finish space), most new family operations here are in the 1000 sow farrow to finish size. I have "studied" many industries, after penciling them out, they all seem to end up with the same ROI to dollar invested and also factoring in labour intensity. Each sector has it's own pro and cons and certain things like growing your own feed can help the risk factor and bottom line. It's basically how you want to peel the onion, one guy bases his ROI on land resources or another bases it capital investment, there is a million ways of looking at it.

My 2 cents, correct me if I am wrong,

Also, cousinit I'd take a break from this topic and cool down, and next time please take the time in words to explain your self throughly before someone wants to chase you with a pitchfork. From my point of view, you post a topic and when things go wrong you post another to address the first without thinking it through.

Edited by fairview_ac 4/19/2012 22:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)