AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is it any wonder landlords want more money?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Austin
Posted 12/29/2011 18:58 (#2131281 - in reply to #2131228)
Subject: RE: Is it any wonder landlords want more money?

Garrett County, MD
tommyf - 12/29/2011 06:29

I have been reading some corn plot yields, and most of the time they figure gross income as well as yield/moisture/other. Some of the gross income was based on $6.00 corn, and some was based on other prices a little higher or a little lower. But I see a lot of yield plots that show gross income between $1200 and $1300 per acre. If it costs $500 per acre to plant/harvest/haul a crop of corn, why would anybody be surprised when landlords want $500 per acre rent? I don't have a dog in the fight, because I am on the outsided looking in. Wished I owned some of that good midwest land.

Wow.

Lets just say you're right. You think the landlord should get 500 and the farmer 200-300? With no risk? No work?

Also those are YIELD PLOTS. Not average yields.

That is based on 6.00 corn!!! What happens WHEN corn goes down. Do you think the landlord will way "OH I'm sorry I will lower the rent for you" YEAH RIGHT

At 6.00 corn a gross income of 1300 dollars would be over 200 bu corn. I know your not a farmer but you dont grow much 200+ bushel corn for 500 and acre.

What happens when costs go up...

rant rant ran on and on... I need to go breath a while.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)