AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talking to strangers at parts house or out and about..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

d4dave1
Posted 7/10/2011 22:36 (#1857587 - in reply to #1856736)
Subject: RE: Talking to strangers at parts house or out and about..

Edson, Alberta, Canada

A few years ago I was standing in the check out line in the grocery store. The line up was long and the girl was doing the best she could with not much help and some of the people were grumbling. I have a saying that "Patience is like muscles, it needs to be exercised to stay in shape" and most of my friends and family have heard me say it many times. When my turn finally came there was still a considerable line up still behind me and the check out girl looked at me and apologized for everything being so slow. I told her in clear voice meant to be heard "If I wanted to live in a hurry I would live in the city. I DON'T....so I DON'T!"
Then I told her "Stop...take a deep breath. Now smile at me. You do the job as best you can while all of us can sit and chat with a neighbour or new friend and we'll all have a good day."
There was an unmistakeable change in the atmosphere and everybody seemed to lighten up a bit. When my groceries were bagged I tipped her and told her have a good day. She beamed a big smile at me and said "Thank you and you have a good day too."  
I really do think our society needs to learn to slow down and live a little instead of letting our lives go by in a blind rush.
Regards,
Dave.      

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)