AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody got gypsies working your area selling hand tools?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ltfire
Posted 2/6/2010 12:20 (#1061117 - in reply to #1061078)
Subject: RE: I have a question about these gypsies for you guys that have dealt with them.

North Central Iowa

The guys I've had experience with are the painters and the guys selling new tools and generators, pressure washers, etc.  They're generally way overpriced for cheap, imported tools, but they're not doing anything 'illegal' (unless there are laws in your area against this type of soliciting).  Taking stuff out of their vehicle would definitely be illegal whether it led to any other repercussions or not. I don't agree with their tactics and their type of salesmanship works on some people that probably regret it later, but your suggestion is not what I would call an improvement.

If your response to a situation you don't like is to rely on your size to intimidate the other person to accept your way of thinking, then I can only expect that eventually you're going to get into a situation where your size can't protect you.  Feel free to bluster some more and tell us all what wimps we are because we don't know how to handle ourselves like you do.

Mike

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)