AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Green energy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 2/21/2021 13:38 (#8848777)
Subject: Green energy

First of all, I’m not opposed to green energy being added to the grid. Key word being added. I also understand that eventually power plants will wear out or simply be so out of date that it isn’t feasible to modernize them.

What I don’t agree with is the need to decommission and demolish existing perfectly functional power plants. If the green energy ideas eventually become as stable and reliable as the existing plants perhaps someday demolishing old plants will make sense. Until then though, having redundancy in any system is a well known technique for increasing safety and reliability. Having the existing power plants available for restart offers that.

It seems to be the case that the majority of people aren’t actually against the new technologies, they are against adopting and relying on the technology too early, before they are mature enough to be proven effective.

Another concern is that although we are in relatively peaceful times now it has been proven in history that in times of war reliable energy sources sources are a crucial advantage. It appears that the majority of the upcoming worlds powers are still building the old proven reliable sources of power. They will have that security in the future. Can we in North America risk not having that?

It’s just my opinion but I think it is a very valid concern. It seems like we are trying to put the cart ahead of the horse so to speak and that seems like a very slippery slope.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)