AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Compensation Rates for Tillage on Farm Ground
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 2/6/2021 20:28 (#8812166)
Subject: Compensation Rates for Tillage on Farm Ground

I have 2 quarter that I have been farming for some time and have 2 years remaining on a contract, (2021 & 2022) contract holder (mother) passed away in December, at the time the contract was written she only held a life estate to the property, so the children chose to terminate the lease, which I am fine with however I want to be compensated for tillage I performed on the land, contract states no fall work can be performed without a contract, which at the time, early November 2020, I did have a current contact for the following year, it also states, if there was summer fallow on said property, the Lessee shall be compensated for the said based upon payment schedule at the local FSA office (didn't know there was such a schedule) but none the less 1 quarter was PP for the 2020 crop year (so basically the same thing as summer fallow) am I not entitled to compensation for this also?? Again I have known for a while that I would not be farming the land in 2023 but feel even though they have the ability to terminate the lease cause of death, I should be compensated for fall tillage (chisel plowed soybean ground) as at the time I had a contract that was current. Am I wrong in thinking this way??

Edited by Dennis SEND 2/6/2021 20:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)