AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle trailer help, opinions please.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

gee-haw
Posted 7/6/2020 18:26 (#8357862)
Subject: Cattle trailer help, opinions please.

southern middle TN
We have to buy a new cattle trailer soon. Like, very soon. The old 24 ft CM is worn slap out, rotted slap out, and rusted slap out. Bad enough that I am nervous putting a load of cattle on it. The question is, will I regret buying a 28 foot tri-axle as opposed to a 24 footer? We only want to have one trailer, just can’t justify having two of them. Ideal may be a 20 or 24 foot for everyday use and a 32 or 36 for the days we are moving a lot of beef. That would entail a bigger truck as well, and we don’t have that much stock to move. I usually borrow two or three friends trailers on the days we ship calves. I’ve always thought that a 28 footer would allow a little more capacity than a 24 but not be as cumbersome as a 32. I don’t think the three axles would be a problem as long as we use a little common sense when turning. We will be pulling it with a 09 GMC one ton. So, lets hear thoughts and opinions on whether we will regret buying a 28 foot three axle instead of the tried and true all purpose 24 footer. TIA guys for any and all thoughts and opinions. Have a great day and be safe!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)