AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Explain this ethanol detractors..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 3/31/2020 14:30 (#8153962)
Subject: Explain this ethanol detractors..

Todd pointed out something below which I overlooked.. Explain this... Mid Grade and Premium.

E-85 and Super 88 (E-15) are dispensed from separate nozzles vs the others in Red.

If Ethanol is too expensive.. why is it Cheaper at the pump?

I gave my answer below.. but don't cheat.. or tell me I'm wrong.  This was taken.. 3/27/20 at Pratt Ks.  Casey's.

Okay so I called the Store..

The Mid Grade was an Error.. it should have been $1.989 (Whoops  good help is hard to find.. God Bless those Workers who are showing up today.. and Besides it hurt Big Oil.. so NO PROBLEM!!

TODAY they Casey's are.. E-85 $1.339
Super 88 (E-15) $1.539
87 $1.589
89 $1.889 (correct number btw)
and 91 $2.139 

They only offer the Ethanol in the Center Island.. those dispensers are like $30 k.. (and the card readers are not currently working..could be a Covid employee affected thing IDK.)

So.. how much does the NON Ethanol Octane costs?  (hint it's more..)

EDIT CORRECTION for Math error:  87 Octane + 89 Octane /2 = 88 Octane.. that simple.. thus 87 @ $1.589 + 89 @ $1.889 = 88 @ $1.739 which should STILL have BY LAW 10% ethanol in it..vs Unleaded 88 which is 15% Ethanol at 1.539 or $0.20 Less.. So a CHEAPER way to get Octane Using More ethanol.

They were going to do a promotional on Unleaded 88 and E-85 so.. they may have focused on the ethanol side.  My other comparison store is down by Wichita.. Jumpstart.. and they keep part of the Ethanol gravy to pay for the Infrastructure investment of the blender pumps.. but it's still a savings for the Consumer.  Their spread between E-10 and E-15 both with Ethanol is only $0.03.. (See Picture below taken 3/4/20.. before the Big Crude Oil washout)

We're GETTING HOSED by BIG OIL!!

edit Add: Seriously I do NOT want to ridicule an employee who is working with the public at this time.. (Salute)  It is confusing.. they have ALOT of product to oversee and endless dumb questions from the public.. (like mine.)  I was told that those blender pumps cost like $30k per pump.. (Ka Ching!!)  so SALUTE to CASEY's for putting them out there.. as well as the others.. There is a profit motive.. as I note below.. Retailers can make $$$ with ethanol.. but Big Oil and their retail Chains.. are holding fast.. poor blokes who have Franchisees who MUST Sell the Company blends.. WITHOUT Ethanol.. I go by one and am watching them suffer.  They can not compete with Ethanol.

Edited by JonSCKs 4/1/2020 07:36

(20200304_152311 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20200304_152311 (full).jpg (88KB - 11 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)