AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sleep Apnea
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

R.Boss
Posted 2/10/2020 08:09 (#8032519)
Subject: Sleep Apnea

So it looks like I’m turning a corner with my health.

After YEARS of ratcheting up my blood pressure meds every visit (starting with an E.R. visit with it at 220/140) my blood pressure was the best it has ever been in a doctor’s office when I was in last week. If this continues we’ll be reducing my medication.

I’d known for years I snore terribly, and would warn folks sharing a hotel room with me to be sure and fall asleep first. I didn’t know the half of it.

I’ve always nodded off in the tractor while baling hay late at night, but this had been getting worse. This summer I started doing it while driving...and I decided something had to change as I was driving past Fort Riley on the interstate and woke up in a different lane than I had been driving in. Killing myself would have been one thing; I didn’t want to be a danger to others.

So a few thousand dollars and a sleep study later: I feel fantastic. I’ve been using an APAP since October and I’m happier than I’ve felt in years. Amazing what getting more than a minute of sleep at a time will do for you.

If you have any of the symptoms (especially blood pressure that seems to adapt to the prescribed meds after a month or two) please have the sleep study done. It’s well worth the money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)