AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clearly a depressed forum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sandman
Posted 5/24/2019 08:59 (#7517489)
Subject: Clearly a depressed forum

ND
I know guys are really struggling to get planting and some probably haven't planted. The corn market is doing its job currently telling you to plant as its at about a 12 month high DEC 19. Some of us know in the Northern cornbelt the window is getting close to closing. I know that I am going to have to cut back maturity on my corn and I will plant it until June 1st. So for the guys that say PP is the way to go. I am wondering whats your plans for weed control, are you going to plant a cover crop at some point to get your soil healthy from being water logged and use up moisture. How much will this cost you to do? If the corn market rallys to $4.50 in a month will you regret your decision? How high would corn have to go before you would say I really wish I would have tried to plant another quarter? I am not discouraging PP because there will be pockets across the country that will have no choice. SD having some really tough spots among other states. All I am saying is you can't sell something if the market rally's if you don't plant it!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)