AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Honest opinion of HISTORY’s “The American Farm”
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

robmgrig
Posted 4/19/2019 16:44 (#7448527)
Subject: Honest opinion of HISTORY’s “The American Farm”

West TN
Now that 3 episodes have aired and the 1st season will be halfway done after next Thursday, I’d value your opinion of the show, both good and bad. I’m the owner of the Tennessee farm and producers will be visiting my farm next week to catch up. I’d like the honest opinions of those in the industry to pass along so we can make an even better Season 2 if it’s picked up soon.

After going through the filming process for a year, I can tell you that there’s a ton that I learned about what it takes to make a show that people want to watch. Some good and some bad.

After working for the producers for a year, even though their first goal is to make an entertaining show to the general public that will get good ratings, they still want to “get it right” and portray agriculture in a positive manner.

My reasons for being a part of it is to educate Americans about what it takes to run a farm considering all they hear is a negative portrayal of farmers from the media and radical groups.

My opinion is that the show overall has been well done and has been accurate, at least about our farm. There’s a ton of stuff that they filmed that will never air due to time constraints where I went in detail about specifics of raising crops. I’ll agree that there have been a couple of cringe worthy moments (I won’t mention any names).

There’s a lot more that I’d like to say but I don’t want to make the thread too long. The final thing I’d like to say is that this is a reality docuseries meant to entertain, not a documentary meant to educate (i.e. Modern Marvels). However it is my hope that we can educate the general public because this is the platform we have at the moment.

So if you don’t mind, give me your opinion of the good and the bad, which farms you like and which ones you don’t, mine included. I can take constructive criticism. What can the show improve on?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)