AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ISO Down Force Monitoring Only
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/27/2018 13:28 (#6668798)
Subject: ISO Down Force Monitoring Only

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Some of you have been very helpful in replying to an earlier post about down force monitoring but not control. Seems that there are many possible ways to achieve this. Right or wrong, I purchased a used 3-8 channel ISO module from a dealer yesterday. It had been used on a 16 row planter setup in three sections for down force control. That meant that 3 of the 8 potential channels were used. The hydraulic valve used was a 3 circuit type. The hoses from it split to feed the actuators in each of its sections.

The used module included the module and a breakout cable as well as the cable to 4 valves. I plan on using this for monitoring only at this point so the output cable to the valves will not be used at this time.

I did order the following to complete the setup. Would those of you familiar with these setups think through my parts list to determine if I have ordered enough support products. The goal is to end up with a 6 sensor down force monitoring setup (not control).

I have the following on order: a 65' cable leading from the module to the tractor (24 row 1770NT), 6 weigh bar kits which include a row module each. 6 cable kits 44" leading from the weigh bar modules to the planter frame. A local CAN bus female terminator. A local CAN bus male terminator. A CAN repeater kit (may not be necessary). A local CAN bus implement switch module. An implement switch adapter cable. I did not order cables as a kit since they include more than I need. I would obtain or make the extensions between rows as necessary when the parts are installed on the frame.

There will be a need to reroute the IBBC connector on the tractor to the InCommand display but let's leave that as a separate matter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)