AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader or Precision Planting down force
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dmaxdiesel
Posted 12/10/2017 21:53 (#6420528)
Subject: Agleader or Precision Planting down force

Sutherland, IA
Got a new to me 1770nt ccs planter that is ground drive knowing we would put electric drives and row x row down force on it. Trying to decide if we are better off going the Precision Planting way or Agleader. I think price is close enough to one another that I'm buying on performance. I'm not as worried about the electric drives as I think both of them have that figured out unless some here says other wise but I'm more concerned about the differences in down force systems.

I had 2 channel Agleader down force system on our old planter and it did an okay job but I fought it in some occasions and I'm ready for row x row. There will be Agleader equipment in the tractor either way as that's what I use for guidance. I also have a 2x2 liquid system and infurrow system controlled by Agleader via direct command that I removed from my old planter to use on the new one. We use SMS and precision would need to be fully compatible.

The one thing that scares me about the PP is their lack of an accumulator since we have some rocks and are notill. Also the durability of their gauge wheel sensors . On the other side Agleader doesn't give the user much info on the down force performance (ground contact, margin) and seems to be more of a leave it to them and their calculations way of operating. I'm all for simple but I need the system that performs the best because we notill into some highly variable soils. 450lbs. downforce required at one end of the field, 150lbs. at the other and everything in between. We've also been running some narrow gauge wheels that seem to do a better job of keeping depth consistent by staying inside the cleared row cleaner path but also gives me greater chance of creating sidewall compaction.

If someone has some thoughts they'd care not to publicize my email is in profile.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)