AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD autosteer, still having issues with guess row spacing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

kversh
Posted 5/17/2017 07:25 (#6020968)
Subject: JD autosteer, still having issues with guess row spacing

I posted last week about having issues with guess row spacing using SF3 autosteer and a 2630 with a 6000 receiver in my 8235r pulling a 1760nt 8 row. Thank you for all the responses and I have tried everything that was suggested and I'm still just not happy with the spacing on my guess rows. I have lowered the receiver height to 110, I have tried offsets and track spacing on both the receiver and implement and am close but I think I can get better. So yesterday, I made a pass with the planter and I measured the width of the pass from center of row 1 to row 8. I came up with 213.5in, or if my math is correct, 17.792ft. If I add 5ft to that number for the next row that comes out to 22.792ft. If I put that in as my track spacing would that possibly get me closer? I understand other factors go into it, mainly the fact the planter is a hitch pull and not a 2 point so it dog tracks some. I just feel like for what I have put into this system I should see better results. Maybe I'm being picky. Idk. Tia
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)