AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZG + 4.10 firmware glitch ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 6/10/2007 15:02 (#160732)
Subject: EZG + 4.10 firmware glitch ?

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
I have had problems all spring with the "headlands mode" getting lost doing the outside rounds with my EZ Guide plus light bars. I installed the new 4.10 software early this spring, which worked except for the Headlands problem. Doing the outside of a irregular field, the light bar in headlands mode would lose the round and flash the end 1 or 2 led's at each end of the light bar . A few days ago I unplugged one unit, and when I powered it back up, it would only flash "NO DGPS" on the screen. swapping out the antenna and cable did not help, and the light bar failed the "self test " built into the test mode.
I hoped their might be a chance that reloading the firmware might fix it instead of being a "see your dealer" type of deal.
I downloaded the 4.10 firmware again to my computer on the chance that Trimble has tweaked it a bit or my old download was corrupt.
The firmware reload seems to have the light bar up and running fine again, setting in the yard. It has "found" the satellites and is showing the location information again.
I hope this is a permanent fix, anyone else had this problem ? TIA.

Edited by Jon Hagen 6/10/2007 16:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)